Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Legendary Creatures (W/U/B)

Continuing from yesterday, today I look across sets to see what legendary cards could be incorporated into a modern Jodah deck. I'll focus on three colors only, covering the others tomorrow.

I added some criteria to my search:
- The casting cost can include only one mana symbol (the others must be generic)
- The mana value cannot exceed five
In both cases, this approach increases my odds of being able to cast a given creature.

I used scryfall for this search, with the appropriate syntax to limit the search results. You can click on the links below to see the range of cards available at each color/mana value.

White has a number of nice options here. Ignoring cards already shared from yesterday's post, here are 9 legendary creature choices for the Jodah deck:





Blue does not have a lot of synergistic options here, as that color's legendaries have abilities which trend towards instants/sorceries, artifacts, and milling. That said, Fblthp fits in perfectly.


Black does not have a lot of synergistic options here, either, as the focus is on sacrifice.



Conclusion
Of the colors sampled today (with the given conditions applied), white has the most options. Shalai, Sisay, Yoshimaru, and Kenrith appeal to me most from there. In blue, Fblthp seems like an auto-include. In black, perhaps Yarragoth.

Next time, I'll look at red, green, and colorless creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment